Friday 14 January 2011

One Down, Goodness Knows How Many To Go

Well, I completed my first run in almost two months a wee while ago. And do you know what? It wasn't so bad. My initial fears of hour-plus runs didn't bear out. Instead, I completed it in 49:41. I thought I'd just as well go the whole hog and attempt the full 10km, and I'm glad I did.

Feel absolutely knackered though, and I'm playing fives in under two hours. Eek!

I should note that I use the Nike+ system, which is how I know my distance, time, and (rather interestingly) how many calories I've burned (807). This comes in useful, as when I set my 44:31 record at Grangemouth I was only about 11st 7lbs. I'm now 12st 8lbs so I would like to lose a bit of fat.

I've published the route I did on MapMyRun - not sure if I'm going to do this all the time, but if you're interested then you can see the route I did. Note that MapMyRun has this route down as 9.79km. I'm aware that using the Nike+ system has a bit of inaccuracy, but MapMyRun doesn't take into account crossing roads, circling round people walking dogs and such so I'm pretty sure it's really close to 10km.

14th January, 10.00km

No comments:

Post a Comment